Central Association of the Miraculous Medal

Light a Vigil Candle
Join Mary's Miraculous Medal Family and be a part of one of the world's largest prayer families

Shrine & Art Museum

Mary's Central Shrine

In 1875, the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception was built in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's historic section of Germantown.  The chapel was attached to St. Vincent's Seminary and its main purpose was to serve as a place of worship for the seminarians of the Congregation of the Mission (CM), the order commonly known as the Vincentian Fathers and Brothers.

Since 1927, the chapel's west transept has housed Mary's Shrine where a special place of worship to honor Mary Immaculate and her Miraculous Medal became a reality.

The Carillon was added to the Shrine Chapel in 1901, for more information about our historic carillon click here.


Learn More about the Shrine